Speakout Advanced p 21. Conditionals. Extra Cloze

Write one word in each gap.

  1. I would never be able to afford a new house if ..............wasn't for all the overtime I've been doing.
  2. If it hadn't .................... for the fact that his uncle was a partner in the business, Angus would never have got the job.
  3. How do you think you'd feel if someone happened ...................... damage your car like that?
  4. …………..for the kindness of a complete stranger, I would never have found the hotel.
  5. I don't think I'd be surprised in the slightest .......................... Paul were to suddenly announce that he was moving abroad.
  6. Don't forget to mention the new schedule to Veronica if you ……..happen to see her this evening.
  7. Football matches would be ideal family outings………it not for the danger of violence.
  8. If it hadn't been ...................... the children, I'm sure Trisha would have left Tom a long time ago.
  9. I would have lost the game ................................ it not been for some quick thinking.
  10. If you …………find the book I was asking you about, give me a call.

KEY

1. it



2. been



3. to



4. But



5. if



6. should



7. were



8. for



9. had



10. should/ do

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.