Speakout Advanced p 108. Keys and Vocabulary

p 145
Ex 1
KEY
1 c)



2 b)



3 b)
public-spirited: willing to do things that will help other people in society. E.g. a public-spirited act. That was very public-spirited of you.



4 a)



5 c)



6 b)



7 c)



8 a)



9 c)



Ex 2
1 I just grab a sandwich to eat quickly at lunchtime if I'm in a hurry.



2 In the evenings my husband and I generally sit in front of the television too tired to talk.



3 I always carefully plan anything I write in English to reduce the number of mistakes.



4 Unfortunately, I consistently spend too much time in front of the computer.



5 They met online and enjoyed each other's company for a while.



6 I took up painting about six months ago to help me relax.



7 I left my things on the kitchen table when I left this morning.



8 I'll probably have more time to see my friends when my exams are finished.


Ex 7A
KEY
2 f) We regularly go walking in the mountains near our house during the holidays.



3 a) I can easily change the appointment for you to make it more convenient. / I can easily change the appointment to make it more convenient for you.



4 b) I generally like to facebook friends in the evenings when I'm at home to find out what they've been doing.



5 e) I usually like to take things easy at the weekends.



6 c) I'll probably try to visit my family next time I'm in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.