Speakout Advanced p 123. Keys and Vocabulary

p 146
query: /ˈkwɪəri/ a question, especially one asking for information or expressing a doubt about something. E.g. Our assistants will be happy to answer your queries.

p 147
Ex 1
KEY

A sort this out


B go into more detail about



2
A By the end of


B have in mind



3
A if you do this for me

B I'm not sure we can do that


4.
A sounds acceptable to me

B let me know if you have any queries



5. 
A we've got a deal
B if anything needs clarifying

6. 
A What if we supported your idea
B would be difficult for us

Ex 6
KEY

1 We want to sort this out as soon as possible.
 



2 Can you go into more detail?
 



3 Great! We've got a deal.
 



4 What do/did you have in mind?



5 If you sponsor this idea for me, I can/ will make concessions for you.
 



6 What if we supported your project from the beginning?
 



7 I'm not sure I can do that because of what I told my friend.
 



8 That might/ may/ could/ will be difficult for me because I already agreed to something else.
 



9 Let me know if you have any queries about the arrangements.
 



10 Get in touch if anything needs clarifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.