Speakout Advanced p 125. Writing: Letter of Application

Unit 10: Letter of application 
You have seen this advertisement in an international magazine

Writers Required
We are looking for people to write for this magazine about environmental issues. We would like to hear from anyone who has an interest in environmental concerns and some experience of writing.
Send us letters of application, explaining why you think you are suitable and describing some environmental issues currently affecting us. 

Get some ideas on page 125.
More ideas on how to write letters:
You will find a letter writing guide here and here . You can find useful language here.
Formal letters.
How to write. 


Useful language:
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing to express an interest in..
I was interested in the advertisement in (newspaper/magazine) on (date) and I would like to apply for the post/ position of (job title). 
I am writing in response to your request for writers, which appears in this month's edition of "Global Concerns".
I would like to apply for the job of ... as advertised in this month's issue of ...
I would enjoy the challenge of writing for... 
As you will see from my curriculum vitae... 
I have a great deal of experience 
I am an active member of the Green Society at my university, where I am currently studying marine biology. The aim of the society is to raise awareness of environmental concerns amongst students and within the local community. As well as organizing debates on matters of local and global importance, we also publish a monthly journal to which I regularly contribute.
Moreover, ...
I am therefore very keen to ...
I would enjoy the experience of...
My reason for applying for this position is that I hope to... 
For the past seven years I have...   
The economy of my region is largely based on tourism and since it is likely that many of your readers live in areas with similar characteristics, I am sure they would be interested to read about the problems facing us. Last summer, for example, the petrol tanker "Intrigue" sank off our coast, spilling large quantities of oil into the sea with devastating effects for marine wildlife, the fishing industry and tourism. 
In addition, ...
I am convinced that issues like these would be of interest to people in other countries and I would very much like to have the opportunity to write about them for your magazine.
I have a good knowledge of ...
I feel I have the necessary...to make a positive and enthusiastic contribution to your magazine and I hope you will consider my application favourably.
I will be available to work from...
I am available for interview at any time.
I enclose a reference from my previous employer
I look forward to receiving your reply
I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours faithfully,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz80XHAEcL6lWk1PUE1EcGw0SHhJWlNqWVVIbkxZb3JVY3M4/view?usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.